Happy Birthday Oliver!
At long last it is July 7....and Oliver is now five years old! He has been waiting for this day since Christmas and is so excited it is here. When I say excited, I'm not joking. He was up at 2:40 this morning, unable to sleep -- finally dozing off again at 4:45 for a little "nap" before getting up to leave for the day. Here's a selfie from this morning. along with a photo of him goofing off:To celebrate his birthday we had family over tonight for a pizza dinner, gift opening and birthday dessert. Oliver requested carrot cake (note: he refuses to eat carrots in any other form). Not just any carrot cake, and not the beautiful three layer carrot cake I've made before. He
![]() |
| The lego set he has been wishing for!! |
![]() |
| Uh...what is this? |
![]() |
| He gets such a kick out of these books! |
![]() |
| A super big lego set!! Thanks Oma and Opa! |
![]() |
| Tony made Oliver his very own portable lego table. What a special gift! |
![]() |
| His requested carrot cake, still in the pan (per his instructions). Very yummy! Sorry that the candle is turned around... |
I think tomorrow will feature playtime with lots of new toys...
On Sunday we will have a few of Oliver's neighborhood friends over to celebrate with a bike and water party -- bike races and games, cake and gifts, then cooling off with a variety of water-related activities. He set the guest list and theme, and even picked out the cake: a homemade chocolate cake that looks like a bike wheel. Such a cutie!
One thing is for certain: I don't take these birthdays for granted. Having the opportunity to celebrate his birthday is such a gift (even if it means being exhausted from a sleepless night). While I never forget how he joined our family or the first part of his life in Korea, birthdays and holidays bring it to the forefront of my mind. I am thankful beyond words that I get to be his mom. I pray that his birth mother and foster mother are healthy and full of joy. That his foster family remember him on this day and enjoy warm, funny memories without too much sorrow. And I thank God for bringing Oliver, born Chae Ha Lim, into the world and into our home.
Happy birthday to my amazing, smart, funny, handsome boy.
One thing is for certain: I don't take these birthdays for granted. Having the opportunity to celebrate his birthday is such a gift (even if it means being exhausted from a sleepless night). While I never forget how he joined our family or the first part of his life in Korea, birthdays and holidays bring it to the forefront of my mind. I am thankful beyond words that I get to be his mom. I pray that his birth mother and foster mother are healthy and full of joy. That his foster family remember him on this day and enjoy warm, funny memories without too much sorrow. And I thank God for bringing Oliver, born Chae Ha Lim, into the world and into our home.
Happy birthday to my amazing, smart, funny, handsome boy.






No comments:
Post a Comment