It's been just over a month since we received the last batch of photos and I have to admit -- all week long I've anxiously checked my email hoping / praying / wishing new ones would come in. I know I'm getting greedy and should be thankful for the updates we have received, but I just can't seem to help it!
In the interim, I placed on order on this fun website that offers personalized items for kids. It's worth checking out if you have kids or grand kids: frecklebox (dot) com. I couldn't resist ordering Oliver his own placemat. Check it out:
| The placemat should arrive today! |
Now, to round out this otherwise random post, our agency shared a bit of information with us that I thought might be worth sharing. The questions are ones fellow adopting parents have asked. The answers have been provided by the agency social workers and Korea specialists (here in the U.S.)
Q: When do we get custody of the child once we arrive in Korea?
Most recently, families have been receiving their children at the first meeting with the child unless the family indicates that they wish not to do that. In the case that families express a desire to receive their children later in their stay, such arrangements will be made at the first meeting with the child while in Korea.
Wow! This is a big change from what we've been told happens. Generally families were given their child the evening before flying home. Now we will have a few days with him before leaving Korea. Tony and I find this scary but are also hopeful that the plane ride home will go more smoothly since he will have been with us a little longer.
Q: Are there any kids who are potty trained before they come home?
Children coming through the Regular Korea Program are under 3 years of age (most under 2 years of age) when coming home. They are not potty trained.
Hopefully my next post will include new photos!
No comments:
Post a Comment