Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Package #6 and Tony's Arrival Anniversary

We are officially back from vacation...and back to reality! Vacation posts will follow, but likely bit by bit. Tony took hundreds and hundreds of pictures, so there is a lot to go through. He also took them mostly in RAW format, so there's work to be done. Bottom line -- we had a great time and details will come soon.

Tomorrow afternoon Tony and I will be meeting with our social worker to update our home study (which means I better get the post-vacation housework done tonight!). The home study is a pretty comprehensive document, detailing things like our individual histories/families, our current financial status, our expectations as parents, how we plan to manage the upcoming changes, our medical history and current medical condition, and more. Last year when we met with our social worker she actually brought a referral with her -- a first for her, and a total shock for us. It's been just over a year and our study has expired, so she's checking in to make sure things are still okie dokie.

Package #6
I thought this would be a good time to put together another package for Oliver, in hopes that our social worker can bring it into the office for us. For this package we have included:

  1. Another "Wee Sing" CD. The updates keep suggesting that he likes music and noise, so hopefully these are fun for him.
  2. A Baby Einstein Lullaby Classics CD. Something soothing.
  3. A Hellophone toy with a short message we recorded. What 19-month old doesn't like cell phones?!
  4. A lovey (a.k.a. a super soft small blanket). My friend Sieglinde recommended a particular Etsy seller and I am absolutely love her work. The back side is a soft fuzzy material, the edges are soft satin. The whole thing is machine washable. My hope is that Oliver carries it around and/or sleeps with it, and that it absorbs the smells of his current home. When we get to bring him to our home, hopefully this will offer him some comfort.
In other adoption-related news, Saturday is Tony's 35th arrival anniversary. At not quite 4 months old, an escort flew with him from Korea to Minnesota, bringing him to his loving family. I know that growing up, Tony's family celebrated both his and his brother's arrivals, but as the boys got older I think they got less interested. I, however, love any excuse to celebrate! Therefore, we are heading over to King's, the local Korean restaurant. 
I hope that in 2014 we are celebrating two arrival anniversaries!

No comments:

Post a Comment