Sunday, April 6, 2014

Super Sunday

This morning began with a five mile run as the sun was rising. A beautiful start. During the week I run very early (just after 5:00), so I've not been running outside much. It's too hard to avoid the icy patches when running with a flashlight. This morning I was able to go out just after 6:00 and loved running outside --- only my second time this year. Sadly there was still a lot of ice on the trails, but I'm counting on our warm day to have melted it away so my early run tomorrow is safe. 

We then had coffee and breakfast before heading off to church...for the first time in a couple of months. We finally feel comfortable with the idea of leaving Oliver in his Sunday School class, and he seems to be okay with our leaving him. We were still nervous that something would go wrong, but he did terrific! Tony and I finally got to make it through an entire service. I really missed being spiritually fed through the worship and sermon, so this was a much needed addition to my Sunday. I even snapped a photo during the peaceful sermon time:

This was the first time anyone outside of our family watched Oliver. Scary!! We celebrated with brunch after church, and thanks to a refused nap I whisked Oliver off to Target so Tony could get some work done. The afternoon also brought a walk, some tractor time and a little reconnecting with our neighbors. It's great to finally see people outside again! 

Tonight we attempted two Korean dishes for dinner. 
Japchae: sweet potato noodles with thinly sliced vegetables and beef. 
Galbi: barbecued beef ribs. 

Both were a success! A very yummy dinner. Oliver was especially happy to see his plate of japchae, galbi, rice and kimchi:

Here is our excited little guy:

Let's hope this is the start to a good week!


No comments:

Post a Comment