I had the pleasure of spending all of Saturday with Oliver.
What a terrific kiddo he can be! The day started with some jammie time,
lounging about before Tony had to leave for his golf tournament. Then Oliver
and I lounged a bit more before heading out to the grocery store. He was happy
to get to ride in the car cart (and I was happy to not take out any end cap
displays as I tried to maneuver that monstrosity around the store). Back home
we had a quick lunch and then headed up for a special treat: the Brooklyn Park
Fire Station Open House.
The open house began at noon and they advertised that the
first 50 kids under 6 years old would get a t-shirt and helmet. We arrived on
the scene at 12:10…and missed out! He did get a helmet, but the shirts were
already gone. Needless to say, it was a zoo. Oliver was so excited, though, and
didn’t even realize he missed out.
I’m not sure how Oliver’s interest in emergency vehicles
began, but he’s been into them as long as we’ve known him. The BPFD was great,
allowing the kids to get into and onto nearly everything. He played in the
ambulance, crawled around two fire trucks, checked out the old-school SWAT
vehicle and newer SWAT van, SWAT-related items such as automatic weapons and
body armor, looked at the police boat, and played in the Paw Patrol Bouncy
House. WOW! Inside the station they had Sparky the Fire Dog, photo ops, dress
up clothes, ice cream and cookies. Oliver was in heaven!
Oliver is such a blessing. I was wiped out by the end of the
day, but glad to have gotten to do some fun things with Oliver (and accomplish a bit as well).
No comments:
Post a Comment