Oliver is also quite excited for Christmas and recently began to like foot jammies (last winter he panicked anytime we tried to put them on him). I had the opportunity to visit Target without Oliver in tow and found some cute Christmas themed foot jammies. I couldn’t wait until after Thanksgiving to give them to him, and he insisted on wearing them right away. Here is Oliver, early this morning giving us his best “Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas”! Such a cutie…
Musings of a Breakfast for Dinner Kind of Gal and Her Sauerkraut and Kimchi Loving Guys
Monday, November 17, 2014
Progress
Kids love applesauce, right!? Well, not THIS kid. We offered Oliver applesauce in all sorts of ways — plain, colored, flavored, as a dip for cookies, in a squeezer. Friends offered him applesauce. He wouldn’t touch it (or in the case of the squeezer, he promptly spit it out everywhere). When we started OT, they had him do messy play with applesauce and tried to get him to taste it, but once again he refused.
Sunday afternoon I was looking for something to keep him busy and asked if he’d like to do messy play with applesauce. He said yes, so I started getting everything out. Then he asked…
I taste it?
What? Did he really just ask to taste the applesauce? I (casually) said “Sure” and opened up the jar of plain, unsweetened applesauce. I asked if he wanted to taste it with his funny spoon (something the OT gave us) and he said yes.
I scooped him out a small bite. He ate it. Then he started licking the lid and he said,
More?
Wow! Of course buddy, you can eat some applesauce. So we got a small bowl of applesauce and this happened:
He proceeded to clean the bowl.
More applesauce please?
Why yes, no problem!
I know this is a very small thing, but it feels like a great victory (with no recent effort). He is always refusing to try foods, so having him ask for it, actually try it, and finally to like it is a big step forward. Yeah!
Oliver is also quite excited for Christmas and recently began to like foot jammies (last winter he panicked anytime we tried to put them on him). I had the opportunity to visit Target without Oliver in tow and found some cute Christmas themed foot jammies. I couldn’t wait until after Thanksgiving to give them to him, and he insisted on wearing them right away. Here is Oliver, early this morning giving us his best “Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas”! Such a cutie…
Oliver is also quite excited for Christmas and recently began to like foot jammies (last winter he panicked anytime we tried to put them on him). I had the opportunity to visit Target without Oliver in tow and found some cute Christmas themed foot jammies. I couldn’t wait until after Thanksgiving to give them to him, and he insisted on wearing them right away. Here is Oliver, early this morning giving us his best “Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas”! Such a cutie…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment