Tuesday, December 16, 2014

One Year Later: And Away We Go (aka The Craziest Thing I Think I've Ever Done)

One year ago today Tony and I made what could be the craziest, most uncharacteristic decision we've ever made -- we decided on a Tuesday to fly to Korea early Wednesday morning. No final court approval, no promise of taking custody, no hotel booked, no car seat installed...nothing. Just a wish to be together with Oliver for Christmas. Check out the full post here.

The way things fell into place on our crazy journey is still fresh in my memory. God watched over us, as only He can do. We are just a few days away from our one year Family Anniversary (December 20). As I reflect on this time last year, on Oliver's life in Korea and life with the family he knew coming to an end, I am overwhelmed with heartbreak for him and the foster family. As I think about this moment, the right-here right-now, I am overwhelmed with love. For Oliver. Tony. The foster family. Thankfulness. Appreciation. 

On December 17, 2013 we made a crazy decision, leaping into the unknown and praying for the best. In the twelve months since, we've had a lot of unknowns, a lot of prayers for the best outcome. But I think that crazy decision turned out to be one of the best decisions we ever made. 


No comments:

Post a Comment