The second half of March has been rather fuzzy for me -- a virus turned sinus infection has kept me on the outs for a while. I am hoping that April will bring a little health and energy my way so I can keep up with Oliver and join in some outdoors time as the weather warms.
On the Homefront things are going well. We are still waiting for the amended Certificate of Citizenship to be redelivered and have officially passed the one year mark. Hopefully it will come soon. I'm trying to keep my cool but it's getting tough.
I imagine many parents feel this way, but lately I feel as though I'm constantly working on things with Oliver. In nearly all of our interactions I'm sneaking in something educational, socially or developmentally challenging. Much of it comes naturally, but not all of it. And it has been wearing me down these past two weeks as I struggle with feeling better. Yet, he still warms my heart and makes me laugh all of the time. I've not yet had an overnight away, and as much as I might benefit from it, the idea of not being here for a night sends a shiver of fear through me. I wonder if that will subside before a first night away or if I will just have to push through it?
One of the great things recently -- Oliver is singing to us! His language has come far enough along that he's now often singing to himself. Wheels on the Bus, Happy Birthday, Row Row Row Your Boat, and more. He's talking up a storm, even to himself, and his imagination continues to entertain us all.
I don't have much for recent photos, so here's a flashback to March 2014:

No comments:
Post a Comment