Sunday, March 8, 2015

Top 10

Here are the latest top 10 phrases heard at the Meyers' house, keeping us entertained (along with my own commentary):
  1. Hold on. Me show you trick.
    (used as a delay tactic or a sneaky way to show us something he knows he shouldn't be doing)
  2. You came back!
    (said upon our return to him, regardless of where he is -- daycare, sunday school, our house...)
  3. I come back!
    (said upon his return to one of us when he was away with the other parent)
  4. Me have energy now.
    (said when he is supposed to be having quiet time but doesn't want to rest)
  5. I can't remember. You tell me?
  6. I a good baker. I bake cookies. Cakes too.
  7. I be Astrid, you be Hookfang.
    (said to me, numerous times a day, when he wants to play Dragons)
  8. Let's go on a bear hunt
    (includes eating our way through a candy factory and swimming through a peanut butter and jelly lake -- after packing our milk and crackers, of course)
  9. I give you big hug and smooch
  10. I love you
Oliver has been talking up a storm -- carrying on full conversations, enjoying lots of imaginary play, and making us laugh. He's full of snuggles, hugs and kisses. Overflowing with energy. Keeping us on our toes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment