I am not very good at waiting.
We have now passed the 13 month mark. We haven't seen much progress regarding families bringing their children home from Korea so far this year, and it seems that our wait might be longer than we had initially hoped.
As I said, I'm not very good at waiting. Some days are especially tough, but I manage better now than I used to. I've learned coping skills, I sometimes have increased patience, and my very patient husband has helped keep me balanced. I have often felt God's hand guiding me, reminding me that all things happen in His time and for His glory. God has a way of teaching us in all things, doesn't He?
While I get back to obsessively checking our agency's Korea News page for an update on what might be happening, here are the lyrics to a song that I've found particularly encouraging. If you've seen the movie Fireproof, this is the theme song. It's also played on christian music stations regularly. The writer/singer didn't write this song about waiting to adopt (or about improving your marriage, the topic of Fireproof), but it really hits home.
While I'm Waiting by John Waller
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait
I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord
You can also see a video of the song here.
I think we are all waiting for something -- a break in the chaos of daily life, a long vacation, a tough situation to work itself out, or maybe something far bigger. Waiting isn't easy. Waiting doesn't always "pay off" in the way we hope. But we all have to do it...maybe the above song will encourage you a bit as you wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment