Monday, July 29, 2013

The "No Update" Update

I'm feeling a case of "bad blogger" coming on! I'm sorry for my absence, though truthfully there's not been much to post since the last entry. Tony and I have seen no movement in our case, and the updates we've received haven't been as positive as we'd like.

The good news: there are now a few families home with their children. That's BIG progress, of course, considering that these families thought they would be home to celebrate Christmas together last year. And there are a group of families who have been assigned court dates for the end of August, meaning they should be home with their children in late September or early October.

The not-so-good news: there are still a lot of families waiting for movement. In addition, it seems that the Ministry and the Courts are still working out various kinks, implementing new restrictions and limitations, and the Court is taking it's summer break from today through August 11th. 

On the home front, I've been struggling. Ready to throw in the towel. Frustration at an all-time high, coupled with a constant panic of "I don't think I'm ready for this / the house isn't ready for this / how do we do this parenting a toddler thing" line of thinking. I've also been trying to push ahead on the things we can work on now (purchasing items, finishing the lower level so we can carpet and get Oliver's room ready, etc.). And we've tried to take advantage of the time we have as a party of two and grabbed some lovely meals out on the town. 

Beyond that, nothing new to report here. As soon as there is, I'll be sure to share. 
Enjoy the last couple of days of July!


No comments:

Post a Comment