We have received written communication from ESWS that there will be no photographs, measurements and/or updates for matched children in the months of August and September in an attempt to focus worker time for Ministry and Court submissions. This is a temporary hold on updates. It is anticipated that the extra time used now for the new process will result in a systematic, effective process going forward. Of course, if there are medical test results or urgent news regarding a child, it will be shared immediately.
The lack of new photos and updates is crummy news, but at least we know not to expect them. Hopefully this temporary suspension really does free up the workers' time and helps to move families forward in the process.
With any luck we will get other updates during this suspension -- movement of our file, perhaps even a court date. So check back every once in a while just in case!
My heart sank when I read the title of your post. BUT if it means getting to take Oliver home sooner I guess it's a sacrifice worth taking. I have all fingers and toes crossed that it really does mean things will move faster. My heart breaks thinking about it. I can't imagine what you're going through right now. Such a huge disservice to adoptive families to not allow formal counseling while going through the process!! All I can offer is my deepest sympathy and my very strongest well wishes. I know you and I find different meaning in the word "pray", but in my own way I've been praying almost daily that he comes home to you quickly. Any good vibe out in the universe on your behalf can't hurt. ;)
ReplyDeleteAnd at least they told you rather than have you go crazy for two months wondering.
ReplyDeleteKnowing does make a big difference -- and helps me not to worry that something has happened. Thank you for all of your kind words, thoughts, encouragement, prayer. I really appreciate it!
Delete