Happy 2014!
Life in the Meyers' house is going to be much different in 2014 than it was in 2013. No more endless waiting and wondering. Now we are on to the endless running and chasing and being parents of an active toddler. We rang in the New Year with a delicious dinner cooked by Tony: scallops, filet mignon, mashed sweet potatoes and fresh bread. I made the dessert earlier in the day: my best-batch-to-date white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies (one of Tony's favorite cookies I had wanted to make before Christmas). Oliver is eating again and he enjoyed everything but the bread. Yeah! Here's our good eater:
The transition has been....difficult. A lot of grieving (some really hard grieving) and aggression. Major aggression (I'm cut up all over from his scratching and have had a lot of hair pulled out). We've also had issues as we try to move to a more reasonable sleeping schedule. And of course frustration on his part that we can't understand what he wants. But we also have a lot of fun times, laughter, hugs and more. I'm running out of nap time and need to finish a few things, so I'll end with a couple of pictures.
Wishing you a very happy 2014!



Despite all the challenges, You look the happiest I think I've ever seen you!
ReplyDelete