Sunday morning Oliver was dedicated at our church (we believe in baptism when the child or adult is old enough to make that commitment for themselves). We stood up on the stage and vowed to raise Oliver in a loving Christian environment. The congregation vowed to support us in our journey. It was a special moment and we are glad we were able to take part. Tony's parents celebrated with us and we enjoyed brunch at our house afterwards. We even made a cake for the occasion -- and Oliver chose sprinkles for the topping! I didn't get a picture of him eating the cake, but you can imagine how messy it got! Here's a before photo.
After last week's tooth extraction, breaking Oliver of his bottle habit became more of a priority. We weren't able to switch him to water (he'd hand it back and demand milk). We couldn't wipe out his mouth after he fell asleep either, as he'd always wake up. So that left us with ending the bottle habit altogether. I put together a plan of attack and steeled myself for a multi-day battle. Shockingly, it wasn't needed! We've been bottle free since Friday afternoon and he doesn't seem too bothered. It's pretty wonderful to have something work out so smoothly, and for him not to struggle with the change.
In addition, I've spent the last two nights back in my own bed. No more floor! Oliver hasn't grasped the idea of coming into our room to wake me up (he's ultra stealthy when he wakes up), but I discovered him asleep on the couch. Not great but not terrible. And I am so appreciative of he soft and warm bed!
To close us out, here's a picture taken today after his haircut. They give out little prizes and he was so happy to get a pair of star sunglasses. What a cutie!


Love the glasses! Glad to hear the bottle transition went smoothy, too.. I forgot to tell you that when you posted the last update on Facebook, right below the thumbnail of him & Simba in my news feed was an NPR article called "The Right Way to Hug a Lion." Heehee.
ReplyDelete