This week was a busy one for us. Oliver had three play dates, all of which went really well. He has been adding to his finger painting portfolio, got to play in the snow on the one day where the high was in the double digits (the "feels like" temp was still below zero, but Oliver has been itching to get outside), has been working on his jumping skills and has been interested in reading more than recent weeks. We also enrolled him in our district's preschool for next fall (2 days a week, 2.5 hours each day). We found out on Monday that the lottery drawing was Wednesday (thanks for the alert Becca!), so I didn't have as much time to research the program or visit the classrooms. However, the location is very close to his Grandma's house, where he will be spending the rest of the work day.
Some of his new and/or favorite words this week include: bus, snow, Jack (a friend), puppy (Jack's puppy), Ian (his cousin), pocky (a type of cookie), Ms (m&ms), and of course Daddy.
As for me, staying at home with Oliver is beginning to feel a little easier; more manageable. I still don't feel like I have this parenting thing in hand -- will I ever? But it's nice to see both Oliver and I growing in our roles. He also introduced me to his play date friends as "Mommy" -- so cute!
Tomorrow is the beginning of March, the month I will be returning to work. I have mixed feelings about going back full time; likely most parents do, too. Shortly before leaving for our second trip to Korea I learned that my company will be closing in June, so I also have some big career decisions to make (what do I want to do when I grow up; do I want to work full time or part time; what kind of income do I need or can I make; etc.). Some of the decisions will need to be made or thoroughly considered in the next few days. For those of you who are the praying type, I could really use some guidance from above on this one.



No comments:
Post a Comment