As with most forward steps (date night) we've also had some regression in Oliver's sleeping. While he still sleeps through the night, we are having an increasingly difficult time getting him to fall asleep...meaning he often falls asleep closer to 10:00. In addition we are having more trouble getting him to take naps. If he doesn't nap around lunch time, he will want to sleep around dinner time -- and is really difficult to keep awake! He also gets very crabby and his aggression increases. Therefore, we don't believe he's ready to skip naps altogether. I don't know if this weekend's time change will help or hurt, but I've been warned it will probably be very challenging. Ugh.
Today was a double whammy for Oliver. The morning began with his re-scheduled eye exam. He did great! The eye drops to dilate his eyes stung, but other than that he was in a good mood and cooperated with everyone. According to the marvelous Dr. P., his eyes are "perfect" and she doesn't believe he will have any major vision problems down the line.
His newest two word combo: doctor eye (though he's starting to say it in the right order). He's also "roaring" a lot -- at home and at others when we are out and about! Also new: a lunch full of bribery. He didn't want to eat his peanut butter and fruit roll up, so it was one bite of that for each korean fry (potato stick). He ended up finishing the sandwich, and I was giving him small pieces of fries, so I will count that as a successful meal!
This afternoon we had to get his vaccinations done...again (apparently the initial vaccines were safe but something was wrong with the effectiveness due to a power outage). He did as well as can be expected and enjoyed a scoop of birthday cake ice cream afterward. So far his pain seems less than last time. I hope that means the rest of the night will go well!
On Friday we are heading downtown to visit my office and Tony's, then we will have lunch with "Daddy" before heading back home. It will be nice to see my coworkers again and to meet some of Tony's. Friday night I get to have dinner out with a friend -- can't wait!
In other news, I have apparently been wearing my underwear all wrong. I can't believe it! Here's the proper way, according to Oliver:


Oh man! I've been wearing mine wrong, too! LOL
ReplyDelete