Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Eye Appointment That Never Happened

Wednesday morning Oliver and I headed to his eye doctor appointment. I dressed him in a cute outfit his Nana picked out for him over the weekend, along with a new pair if shoes found on clearance at Target. We were on time and ready to meet Dr. P. 

There were other kids in the waiting room so Oliver joined them in playing while I sat my mega mommy bag on a chair. Just as I began to sit down myself, Oliver ran toward the chair next me (can you see where this is going yet?). He then tripped over his new shoes, falling mouth-first onto the edge of the chair. Once the bleeding eased I could see that there was a large, deep gash inside his lower lip. Long story short, the staff were a huge help and kindly rescheduled our appointment. We headed home and have been hanging out since. 

Yesterday he was in pain and it was a little swollen. He let us brush (most) of his teeth and he rinsed with saltwater. Today it is very swollen and seems to be bothering him a lot. No looking at it, brushing teeth, rinsing, etc. Poor guy. I really hope this heals as quickly as everyone says a mouth injury will heal. Here's a photo from today:


So we are laying low, eating ice cream and whatever else wants, and watching more TV than usual. And those unflexible clearance shoes? In the trash. 

1 comment: