This year, however, I was able to celebrate being a mom. In real life. Not "mom" to a cute little one living on the other side of the world whom I had yet to meet. Not a woman trying to become a mom or navigating the prospect of never becoming a mother. For the first time in a number of years, there was no emptiness and sadness filling my day. No sobbing quiety in church during the worship music. No dread.
Instead, there was joy, love, humor, frustration (hey, he's 2.5 years old and acting like it -- every day has some frustration!) and family time. We had brunch with Tony's parents to celebrate and they snapped this photo of us after the meal:
![]() |
| Trying to get a family photo with an active toddler is a challenge! |
I am a mother today to a child who has two mother's that came before me. Two other women who have had a significant impact on his life. I reflected on that yesterday and pray that his birth mother and foster mother somehow know just how loved and cherished he is. How blessed we are because he's in our life. How much we appreciate the roles they have had in helping him grow into who he is today.
Yesterday afternoon Oliver and I walked to the neighborhood park. We pass by a fire hydrant, which he always has to stop and touch. Here are a couple of photos -- can you tell that he just loves all things fire (engines, hoses, hydrants)?!
![]() |
| Hugging the hydrant; he's so happy to see it! |
![]() |
| Love |



No comments:
Post a Comment