Happy (belated) Father's Day! I pray that all Fathers, Grandfathers, Father-Figures, Mentors and Role Models had a fantastic day Sunday. I am grateful to have a number of terrific men in my life to honor on such on occasion:
My Father: well, that's pretty obvious! The man who has been there day in-day out, regardless of how terrible my teenage attitude was or how tired he felt from a long day at work. Thanks, Dad!
My Father-in-Law: the man who helped shaped my husband, who is a fantastic Opa to our son, and who welcomed me into the family with open arms. He's also great at helping us fix things. All-in-all I'd say I'm pretty lucky to have married into such a loving family!
Dan: it feels strange to call him my step-father, as he entered my life when I was well into my 20's. Nonetheless, he's become a father-figure to me, is a wonderful Pawpaw to all of the grandkids and is a blessing to all of us.
Grandpa: while he is in heaven rejoicing with the Father, I will always cherish the love, patience and advice he generously gave me. I wish that he could have been part of my life as Tony and I married, and that he could have met Oliver. It's been a long time since he passed away but I still miss him.
Tony: the new dad on the block. Witnessing his love grow for Oliver, his parenting skills sharpen, and his excitement over sharing his own hobbies and joys with Oliver touch my heart. After our journey, just seeing him cuddle with Oliver on the couch is a welcomed sight and blessing. Here are two pictures from last week when Tony and Opa took Oliver to a small pond for his first fishing experience (at least his first with us):
So, Happy Father's Day! Not just to those who are traditional Dads, but to all men who positively shape and mentor the younger generation. THANK YOU!
In Other News:
It's a big and busy week in the Meyers' house. Tony has been away on a work trip since Monday morning, returning Thursday afternoon. Aside from our trip to St. Louis, this is the longest Oliver and Tony have spent apart -- and the longest we have been home and Daddy has been away. Oliver is managing okay though he clearly misses Tony and frequently comments that Daddy went on a airplane or that Daddy is working. So far things are going okay, though I am eagerly waiting for my helpmate to return! I don't know how single parents do it...
This Friday marks 6 months as a family of 3 (we took custody on December 20). We have our 6 month post-placement visit with our Social Worker as well as our first family photo session. I'm looking forward to getting the social worker visit (and paperwork) over with, but am very excited for the photo session. Yeah!
We are also in our final weeks with a two year old. Oliver's third birthday is July 7th and will be here before we know it. After celebrating his first two birthday without him, we are over the moon happy to be able to celebrate this one with him. Now, hopefully that means he will be out of his trying twos soon!


No comments:
Post a Comment