It has been a very busy month -- lots of fun family time, a trip to St. Louis and (finally) the big night...Halloween. Let's go in reverse:
HALLOWEEN
Oliver has been so very excited for Halloween. For more than a month we have been doing crafts, decorating the house, talking about costumes and trick-or-treating, and watching Halloween themed things on TV. He is always asking to bring home spooky things, keep saying that we didn't have enough decorations around the house, and has been counting down the days until the special night. With this we have also seen Oliver struggle with lots of nightmares, trouble sleeping, and a general fear of all things. It's been a tough balance this past month! We had a great night, but I have to admit I'm pretty happy to move on to more upbeat holidays.
We carved two pumpkins this year. Oliver pick both of the patterns, which Tony did a great job executing! The one on the right was particularly hard and I was impressed with his talents using the tiny pumpkin carving set.
Halloween began at 5:45 am for us -- a certain four year old was ready for the big day and couldn't sleep another wink! After dinner, Tony stayed home to hand out candy while Oliver and I went trick-or-treating with one of the neighbors. He went as a fireman that had fire engine tattoos on both of his cheeks. I went as a black cat. The boys did great and made it for almost an hour! He had a fantastic time and enjoyed diving into his loot once we were home. He also had fun handing out candy to the later trick-or-treaters.
![]() |
| Can you tell he's excited!? |
ANOTHER DAY OF BEING CUTE
Just A super cute photo of all of her hanging out one day recently! Yes me to take this picture of him with his bear.
![]() |
| I love that he uses his snowman blanket year round too! |
CRAFTS
Oliver has been more into crafts lately, so I began saving toilet paper rolls. I thought we'd find a fun Thanksgiving craft, something cute, to make together. Then he came to me "with a great idea. Let's make a bazooka!" Now, I had no idea how to make a bazooka. I couldn't even picture it in my mind. Lucky for me, he knew exactly how we needed to make it! Several toilet paper rolls and duct tape created just what he was wanting...his first homemade bazooka. Here is the final result:
![]() |
| Once it was made we got to play army! |
ST. LOUIS
The three of us spent a weekend in St. Louis with my family. It was another busy trip to the 'Lou, and lots of fun was had by all. Oliver begged to go back to the Magic House and this time Tony got to come along. Here are a few shots from our trip to the Magic House:
![]() |
| Yes, this is the President. I'd like to order pizza. |
![]() |
| The Supreme Court Judge singing Jesus Loves Me into a live microphone. Pretty funny! |
![]() |
| Scooping up ice cream with PawPaw |
We also went to Boo at the Zoo. We went last year as well...maybe this will become a family tradition!
![]() |
| Meow! |
![]() |
| Oh no, the Headless Horseman! |
It has been a great month, though so very busy. I'm looking forward to things slowing down just a tad in the next few weeks...and perhaps getting more time to blog. Enjoy November!








No comments:
Post a Comment