Tuesday, June 11, 2013

23 Months: He's Nearly 2!

My email stalking has paid off as we just got new photos of Oliver! I can't quite explain how exciting and emotional it is to receive the email (or how frustrating it is when one doesn't arrive when expected). After days (or more) of constantly checking for new messages, when I see the subject line and the sender, my heart leaps. My chest tightens a touch. My eyes widen and sometimes a little tear forms. My breath catches and there's a audible gasp. I can't wait to open the email and yet I often wait for a second, enough time to text or email Tony to have him check his own account too.

Then finally...the reveal. The three pictures. Usually action shots, often not clear pictures of his face. But it's him (except for that one month where I just wasn't sure; see this post for more). And I'm so happy to see him. And so sad to have missed more time with him.

Once we get the photos, there's a flurry of editing, uploading (so we can print off copies), sending them to the grand parents, and of course posting them on the blog! 

This month's photos show him with the items from our 7th care package (not his birthday package, but the one just before that). As Tony knows, I'm a stickler about clean teeth, so it warms my heart that one of the photos is him "brushing" (okay, chewing) with the toothbrush we sent! 

It's hard to believe that next month he will be two. Click over to his page for the other photos we received.

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable! Is that a hint of a dimple?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe! I did (finally) get the other photos up on his page. Can't seem to confirm the dimple, but I will say he's pretty darn cute!

      Delete
  2. What a cutie! Can't wait to finally meet him.

    ReplyDelete