Thursday, April 26, 2012

Already Dropping the Ball?

Call the 'bad mother' police! It is possible that I'm already proving to be unworthy of being called a mom. 


In all seriousness I realize that's not the case. However, I'm feeling as though I've completely failed in the first few months alone. You see, we have been told all along that we are allowed to send our little guy TWO care packages during the entire wait (and both must fit in a one gallon zip lock bag, contain no liquids and be only for the child, not the foster parents). Given the length of the wait, we want to space out the two packages so he gets one soon and one close to our travel time (so we can include what's called a "transitional item," something he will bring back to the U.S. but will be familiar and smell like home). We thought the first could go around his first birthday, and hadn't decided when the second would be sent.


Fast forward to today. I was just told that we are, in fact, allowed to send ONE PACKAGE PER MONTH. One per month. That means I'm already two packages behind! Goodness gracious. 


Time to get moving!

3 comments:

  1. Well Mom, I would suggest you get on the ball! Great news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The good thing about babies, (for the parents, at least) is that they won't remember a thing about it!! No worries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I called the mother police...they didn't want you. :)

    ReplyDelete