Sunday, May 6, 2012

The First Care Package

Care Package #1
This weekend Tony and I went on a little shopping trip to pick up a few things for our very first care package. The items have to fit in a one gallon zip lock bag; no liquids allowed. We wanted to get him something soft and cuddly, so we found this cute cuddly bear-blanket he can carry around. We also found a fun mirrored lion teether and a soft squishy stuffed bear. Finally, we are including a framed picture of Tony and I. And, the bag is full!

We had a lot of fun shopping together for it, though we also realized that we have a lot to learn about little kids' stuff. We plan to bring it with us on Saturday when we go to the waiting families seminar at Children's Home. I can't wait for him to receive it!

4 comments:

  1. Pretty sure those bears are monkeys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, so the lovey is a monkey, but the bear is a bear -- I double checked at home! Maybe an odd looking bear, but super soft and cuddly. :)

      Delete
  2. Do they have to be Ziploc brand? Hefty zipper gallon bags hold way more! Perfect first care package.

    Don't know why the size difference but for freezing veggies I had both at the same time and there was a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, they just have to be gallon zip top bags. I used ziplock because that's what we had at home. I'll have to keep the Hefty brand in mind if we are ever struggling to get things to fit. Thanks!

      We do have to be a bit thoughtful about how full we make the bags. Adopting parents traveling to Korea to bring their child home bring them over to the agency in their luggage (we will be asked to do the same).

      Delete