Happy Mother's Day to all! Mother's Day...a happy day for some, a sad day for others. A day to celebrate the women who have raised us and shaped us into who we are today (be they our mother, grandmother, aunt or someone else who loved and cared for us). A day to pamper the tireless mothers who never seem to get a break. But also a day for many to reflect on losses -- the death of a child (born or unborn), the death of a mom or grandmother, infertility, a loss of the opportunity to become a mom, etc.
This year is my first year celebrating as a "sort-of" Mom; also meaning that I didn't silently cry my way through the church service today. Tony surprised me with a beautiful necklace and matching earrings with rubies -- our Little Guy's birthstone. How thoughtful!
Truthfully, it's a bit of an odd Mother's Day for me. As I told Tony, I'm not really a mom yet. I don't do the kind of work moms do, and I don't have anyone to mother! His response was perhaps one of the funniest descriptions of where we are at in the crazy roller coaster of a wait. He said, "You are a mother, your child is just on layaway!" So true.
I sure love Tony...and our Little Guy. My prayer today is that his foster mother is feeling loved, cherished and honored by her family (including our little one). I pray that he is a blessing to her and that she gets to be pampered a bit today by the men in her life (our little guy, her son and husband).
Enjoy your day!
Way to go Tony! I knew there was a soft, thoughtful side.
ReplyDelete