Today we celebrated our little guy's FIRST birthday! He is officially one year old. How amazing! His birth date is July 7th, so we celebrated this evening (Friday night, July 6th). That way we celebrated his birthday when it was July 7th in South Korea. There's a 14 hour time difference, after all.
Our celebration began with dinner at King's, a local Korean restaurant (I even tried kimchi -- not as horrible as it smells, but still not something I enjoy). We came home and enjoyed an adult celebration of wine, scotch and other grown-up beverages on the deck. And to cap the evening off we had cake, ice cream and opened his first birthday gift from Oma and Opa. While it wasn't your typical first birthday celebration, us four adults had a good time and can't wait to celebrate his birthday in person.
My First Birthday Prayer:
My Son,
I pray that you feel joy, love and happiness on this...your first birthday.
I pray that your foster family shares in a traditional Korean celebration with you.
I pray that this is the first of many birthdays you celebrate; that you live a long, full, healthy life.
I pray that you have a strong and vibrant faith that stays with you always.
I pray that you know true love; that you have best friends; and that you are just as comfortable around friends as you are being by yourself.
I pray that you have a strong work ethic and that you make good choices, knowing right from wrong.
I pray that you live a life of integrity and respect for both yourself and others.
I pray that you know how much we love you.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday little guy! I hope you are all having a great day! (I am the "unknown" blogger who deleted the post above ... didn't have a name set up :).)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! Just, beautiful! Happy birthday!!
ReplyDeleteTonya, I feel that I have neglected to keep up on your posts. I haven't checked back in month or so, and I love seeing your new pics of your Little Guy!!! So handsome for sure! I loved the pic of him looking at your pic! Love to you all!
ReplyDelete