Tony and I received the 15 month progress report (and we are officially still smitten with our little one). I've said it before and will say it again. Seeing that subject line and sender come through on my email makes my day.
If I might say so, I think he's looking cuter each time we get a photo. See for yourself (more on the Oliver page):
![]() |
| Look, Ma - I'm wearing cool shoes! |
Now that he's a whopping 15 months old, we have been told that he does the following:
- Has formula as well as 3 meals a day (including rice, dried seaweed, miso soup, minced beef and yogurt). Tony wants to know why he's not eating kimchi yet. I'm hoping that's one Korean attribute he doesn't pick up. :)
- He is walking and running (Uh-oh! We better get ready for that!)
- He "throws a tantrum when he doesn't have his own way" (he he he)
- Uses single word sentences
- Turns pages in a book (Yeah!! A boy after his mother's heart)
- Brings a spoon to his mouth
- Likes to be around other kids at Sunday School
- and drum roll please...poops on the toilet! (actually states: When he indicates a sign of pooping, his foster mom gets him to sit on the baby toilet seat in the restroom and he does his business). It's important for us to remember than many kids revert to diapers when they are brought home, but we can always hope!
Basically he is a healthy and growing boy. We are so happy and so blessed! I can't wait to meet him.
In other news, I ordered a couple of adoption related books in hopes that it might help calm a bit of the panic that has been creeping up. This long wait has its benefits, but it also really adds to the worry/panic/self doubt. At least if I were pregnant I would have a set time frame to prepare (worry). The open ended time frame is some sort of cruel and unusual punishment! Well, maybe not punishment. He is, after all, absolutely precious and worth every ounce of effort!
Until next time...
.jpg)
Adorable!!!
ReplyDelete