Here is her response:
I wouldn't worry about not getting an update last month. Some families get more updates than others, and I would say that you are on the "more updates" end. - It is common that some families only get updates every other month, or sometimes even less. It really varies by the child's social worker. So I wouldn't be concerned, especially while you are enjoying a beautiful vacation ;) - If you don't receive one in January remind me, and we will request one.
If something were wrong with Oliver, I doubt she would have responded in this way. So, I feel a sense of encouragement that we are, indeed, just experiencing a delay. I am grateful that we have been on the "more updates" end and hope this is just a glitch. I'm still anxiously waiting for the email (the one with pictures of a super-cute 18 month old), but waiting with a tiny bit less worry. For those of you out there who are also worrying, perhaps your mind will be put at ease too.
Yay! Great news even though it's no news! Hope you hear soon but how lucky to be getting more updates than the norm!!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear the encouraging news. Keeping my fingers crossed that cute photos come your way soon!
ReplyDelete