Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Progress

Well, folks, we have movement!

It appears that the Korean Ministry / Family Court / New Adoption Law red tape stoppage may be easing after nearly 3 months of a stalemate (almost seems to be on the NHL schedule!). Some of the families who have been in limbo since the Fall have been granted their Emigration Permission and their files are now before the court. We do not know how long the court will take to process the families through -- we don't even know if they have a plan on how to accomplish their mission. What we do know is that there is some progress being made. As you all know, Tony and I are just waiting in line. Knowing that those in the front might be moving ahead means we are too.

On the home front, Tony and I were contacted by our social worker yesterday. It seems that our Home Study will be expiring soon and we need to get it updated. For some reason I thought it would be just us writing another check to the agency, telling our social worker that nothing's changed, and being on our merry way.

Of course it's not that easy.

The Home Study Update includes filling out several forms (again; this is where I'm especially happy I copied every piece of paper we've filled out so far); renewing our Adam Walsh background check (more paperwork, online files and -- of course -- more money...luckily no fingerprints); a physical for both of us; and a visit with our social worker. We'll be meeting her a few days after we get back from Hawaii, so we need to get the other pieces done before our vacation.

At least this time isn't as nerve wracking as the first time. Don't get me wrong, I'll still want the house to be clean and tidy. I will probably skip the steam cleaning of the carpets and dusting of the baseboards, though. :)

...hopefully my next post will include pictures! Oliver turned 18 months yesterday. Hard to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment