Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Day

 Christmas Day is winding down. Unfortunately Oliver is still pretty sick, and now he hates taking his medicine too (so much so he gets himself so worked up he can't hardly keep it down). Ugh. So hard on him ... and on new Mom and Dad. Both our Moms have helped, but it's scary being away from home and unable to really communicate with Oliver.

We are praying for a Christmas miracle that he wakes up fully healthy tomorrow, since we are set to head to the airport at 2:00.  Please pray!

As for Christmas, a few gifts were left for Oliver this morning. He was scared of opening them at first, but with a little help from Tony he warmed up for the last two. 

We also enjoyed a traditional Christmas cake -- Oliver got a little too (it's nearly the only thing he would eat today...yet another "winning " parent move). 

I hope you had a great Christmas! We are going to sneak a bit of packing in and then I need to crash. Hardly any sleep last night because of the poor sick little one. 

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of all of you and wishing you good health and a speedy recovery! Trial by fire. But after this it should be a cake walk! Ha! When Tas is sick he gets to eat what ever he's hungry for and if it's all sugar so be it. So no judgement from me on that part. When you're back I can offer some essential oils that have worked wonders for us for a cough. The one silver lining is that being sick usually makes kids super cuddly (clingy) which might actually work in your favor as far as bonding goes. I feel your pain though being sick and exhausted - not to mention in a foreign country - there are times I wasn't sure how I was going to make it through the hours but somehow you do. I wish I could offer to help you out and let you get some sleep when you get back but I know you need to cocoon. As soon as you feel comfortable I will gladly take him on a play date. So at least you can plan on some extra sleep in about 6 months or so... ;) I will however gladly do what I can from the outside. If you need shopping done or errands just give me a list and we'll tackle it for you and drop and run. Can we bring you dinner (just a drop and run) when you get back? I work the 26/27 and then I'm off until the 7th of January. Give me a date and food dislikes and we'll bring a warm meal and moral support. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete