Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Update on Initial Approval

We heard back from our agency and it appears we are in the 14 day wait!! I am so relieved. I've been very worried that this final step would drag on and on. Of course our agency also said that while the official wait is 14 days, it is more like 3 weeks between learning of initial approval and hearing that we have received final approval. Bottom line...we will be with Oliver sometime yet this year. 

Of course we thought we'd be with him back in May...or June...or July (you get the idea). Never in my wildest dreams did I think we'd be up against the end of 2014 and still waiting. But the wait is nearly over!

Based on what needs to happen for our final trip, Tony and I will not be booking our flights until we receive the final approval and travel notificiation. At that time, we may leave within a couple of days, or we may find that we have to wait a bit longer in order to get a flight. We will have to wait and see.

So, good news here!

And, as I would hate to have a post with no photos, here are a couple of items we've picked up for Oliver. One we actually ordered on Amazon (after purchasing just the chopsticks in Korea -- left handed as we don't yet know if he is right or left handed (he's used both); now he will have a right and a left so all bases are covered).
Proro is a Korean cartoon; this is a training chopstick and spoon set with a carrying case.

A few toys we picked up on our first trip.
The set of small cars and figures on the left will likely be saved for a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment