Thursday, December 19, 2013

Travels and Nerves

I'm in a taxi heading to our hotel, full of exhaustion, anxiety, a queasy stomach from the exhaustion and anxiety, and a whole lot of nervousness and feelings of being ill prepared for tomorrow morning. 

Our travels today went as well as we could expect. One close call on a connection and one delayed flight, but we made it (and so did our bags)! Our second two flights were in first class, including the 11+ hour trek. Here's a picture of Tony and I toasting before take-off. Also a picture of the comfort kit full of helpful goodies for the long flight. I loved the lay flat seats! I couldn't sleep too soundly but did get some rest. 


We won't get to the hotel until almost midnight. We will need to head to the agency early tomorrow as we need to be there by 10:30. I am utterly terrified of what is about to happen, and sad for the loss Oliver and his foster family are facing. A little exited too, but as I type this fear and uncertainty are outweighing joy and excitement. 

We are still praying that our final approval comes this week so we can do the visa interview Monday. I will update more when I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment