Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Low Key Christmas Eve

NOTE: Due to a technical issue, some of my posts are being published out of order. This one was originally written and thought to be published on Tuesday morning.

It's nearly 1:00 on Christmas Eve afternoon. We had planned to go to the children's museum today, but Oliver woke up stuffy and has been coughing a fair amount. His appetite and energy level is much lower too. So it's a low key day in for us. 

Tony is amazing at finding what we need. Thanks to my mom's suggestions we knew what to look for and Tony headed to the drug store for children's cough and cold. No idea what brand it is, but the pharmacist spoke enough English that he could get us the right meds and he wrote the dosage in the box for us. 45 minutes later, here's the little guy:

I'm enjoying all of the snuggles though would give anything for him to feel better. Seems I have a touch of the bug too, unfortunately. Since he likes to share all of our drinks, it's no surprise. 

We had some major grieving after nap time yesterday. Just heartbreaking. Sobbing and wailing for a long time. And a lot of moments where he seems sad throughout each day. 

Most of the time -- when he's feeling good -- we just have non stop energy. 

Tony has been amazing at taking care of us both. He's been all over town for food, diapers, clothes, blanket, luggage, meds and more. And today he came back with egg toasts for Oliver and I (the street food I really liked...still wishing I could get another fish but haven't found any yet). And Tony has made or gone out to get nearly every meal for us. I could not do this without him and feel so blessed to be in this with him. 

 If Oliver feels better tomorrow we might try the children's museum, but we will see. Otherwise it will be a quiet Christmas in too. We brought a few gifts but we don't have a good way to make it more Christmasy here. Tony did buy enough food to keep us in rice and meat for far longer than we will be here, and I'm sure he'll cook up something yummy for us (we've had lots of meat and rice, which Oliver seems to love, so we eat it often. He pigs out on it, even using his Pororo Chopsticks sometimes)!

I wish you all a great Christmas Eve!


No comments:

Post a Comment